29 June 2012

England, Part the Seventh, Travel

Today (Thursday) was a travel day. I had a bit of a lie in, only stirring from the bed at 9:30AM. After a shower and shave, I had cereal and a banana for breakfast and set about packing for the journey. The Panther Cab I'd reserved the night before showed up right on time, and within a few minutes I was delivered to the bus stop where I would catch the 12:00PM bus on the X5 line to Milton Keynes. The coaches in England are pretty darn roomy, and very comfortable. I had two seats to myself except for a short bit in the middle. After arriving at Milton Keynes Central Rail Station, I obtained my ticket to Long Buckby. The total cost of all this travel was in the £26 range. Not bad for a hundred or so miles. The train was on time, and another 30 minutes later I was in Long Buckby. I checked into the Murcott Mill Farm Bed & Breakfast, and then we headed to the boat.

Dinner was at the Red Lion. A really scrumptious sirloin and a couple of pints later, and it was back to the B&B for some much needed shut eye.

Again, there will be a huge picture post as soon as I get reliable Internet access again.

No comments:

Post a Comment